Top 5 Natural Treatments for Headache Relief!
There is nothing worse than a splitting headache. Life can really be difficult, almost impossible at times if you suffer from headaches on a regular basis. The aching and throbbing make it tough to do anything, not to mention the tight muscles and neck pain that can be associated with a headache. Life is so much better without a headache.
Headaches come in all shapes and sizes, and there are many different types and causes. The good news is that for most common headaches, there are some amazing treatments that are all natural and can give you relief without taking medications or having to undergo risky procedures.
I have put together the top 5 natural headache relieving treatments available at Synergy Institute. These treatments all address the various causes and symptoms of most headaches including sinus headaches, tension headaches, and migraine headaches.
Here are my top 5 Recommended Natural Treatments for Headache Relief.
- Chiropractic Care: This is usually where I recommend people start in the quest for headache relief. A Chiropractor can listen to your symptoms and examine you to see if any of your spinal bones may be out of alignment causing mechanical pressure in the head and neck. Any spinal misalignment can nerve irritation and tight muscles. An x-ray is also a valuable part of the examination that allows the Chiropractor to see the exact position of the spinal bines and if there is anything out of alignment. Chiropractic has been my number one tool in headache relief!
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has also been very successful with headache relief. After a consultation and evaluation the acupuncturist then determines a course of action based upon what seems to be out of balance. The treatment consists of the insertion of very tiny needles into very specific points that allow the body’s energy to move back to normal. Acupuncture does not hurt and patients usually become more relaxed than ever during treatment.
- Diet – Nutrition-Food Sensitivity: This is a pretty big subject area to cover, but I do want to mention it because it is a very important and even some simple dietary changes can make a huge impact on headache relief. I will just bring up a few key points to consider. It is important to identify if the patient is eating foods on a regular basis that they may be causing irritation. Identifying those offender and removing them for a treatment period can be very effective. In addition to removing foods that cause sensitivities, it is also important to remove harmful foods like sugars, soda, refined foods, processed foods, tobacco, and chemicals etc. that are being consumed. Headaches can result when the body becomes toxic or poisoned from these substances. The next thing to address is eating a balanced diet with lots of vegetables and adequate protein and making sure basic supplements like a high quality multivitamin and fish oil are part of that regimen. DON’T underestimate the power of the food that you put in your body.
- K Laser Therapy: K Laser Therapy is a new laser treatment that we have been using for many different conditions like joint pain, tight muscles, arthritis, swelling, tendonitis, and bursitis. It is a class IV laser therapy that reduces inflammation and pain. It also helps to relax the muscles and quickly break up trigger points in the treated area. We use a specific headache relief protocol on the head and neck and even have an additional protocol for sinus headache This treatment is even popular in veterinary medicine to help animals get relief.
- Spinal Decompression: Spinal Decompression has been helpful to patients that have headaches as a result of degenerative disc disease and other disc problems such as herniations and bulges. The treatment gently and comfortably stretches the spine to remove the compressive force that causes the pinching of the spinal nerves. After a series of treatments the discs become more hydrated the spaces between the bones increases. Most of our clients tolerate decompression well and love the increased range of motion they have afterward.
Of course there are many more options for natural headache relief, but these just happen to be my favorite and most common secret weapons in the war against headaches and are always a great place to start. Each patient is different and we make sure that we are matching up the right treatments for their exact needs. We only recommend the specific treatments that can be helpful for the individual.
If you suffer from headaches and would like to find out if any of these natural treatment can help sign up for our Pain Relief Special and then call one of our three convenient locations to schedule your appointment.
If you know someone suffering from headaches, please share this article with them so they may have the benefit of natural headache relief!